[Dovecot] load-based control of dovecot?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Fri Oct 28 22:36:40 EEST 2005

Timo,
    If you don't mind "borrowing" code, take a look at the getla()
routines in conf.c of the public-domain sendmail.  This file
uses a bunch of "peer into the kernel for load statistics" calls
for various versions of unix, eg "kstat(3KSTAT)" for Solaris
and pstat_dynamic() for HPUX.

   getla() queries the kernel for the current load, then sleeps
or refuses connections for a brief period until the load drops.
Just a suggestion.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College