[Dovecot] More verbose logging of POP transactions?

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Thu Sep 8 09:06:26 EEST 2005

Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> Is there a way to turn on more detailed logging about what the user did?

Not with Dovecot 0.99.

> Along the lines of what uw-imap's pop gives you in terms of number of
> messages available, downloaded, deleted, etc.?  I'm also interested in
> how much was transferred size wise...

Dovecot 1.0alpha series has user configurable logging options

  # POP3 logout format string:
  #  %t - number of TOP commands
  #  %T - number of bytes sent to client as a result of TOP command
  #  %r - number of RETR commands
  #  %R - number of bytes sent to client as a result of RETR command
  #  %d - number of deleted messages
  #  %m - number of messages (before deletion)
  #  %s - mailbox size in bytes (before deletion)
  #pop3_logout_format = top=%t/%T, retr=%r/%R, del=%d/%m, size=%s

--
Tomi Hakala