[Dovecot] Still weird UID ordering issues with maildir

Brian Bartholomew bb at stat.ufl.edu
Mon Sep 19 18:00:03 EEST 2005

Timo writes:
> I just tried it a couple of times but couldn't reproduce it. Sounds
> pretty strange and a dangerous problem anyway.. If you can reproduce
> it, could you do it while saving the session to rawlog? That way I
> could see if Dovecot sends some reply wrong or if it just gets
> internally confused.

I'm using dovecot 1.0.61 on Sparc Gentoo Linux.  I have about 200 mail
accounts which are mostly read by the Mozilla family on both Linux and
Windows, often with two or more browsers running against the same
account at once, home and work.  Every week or two I get a situation
where the table of contents pane in Mozilla or Thunderbird doesn't
match what message body is displayed.  I also had the same problem
with a 0.99 version, most probably 0.99.13.  This problem has happened
often enough that they were probably not all after large deletes.  The
workaround I use is to stop that particular dovecot and delete all the
dovecot index files.
							Brian