[Dovecot] C programmers, please help. need dovecot patch

Adam M. Dunn adunn at hgsc.bcm.tmc.edu
Mon Apr 3 17:44:35 EEST 2006

Thanks guys.  Both great and simple ideas to get me going.  I was actually
already considering the email trick.  I just hate engineering things with
work arounds because I've learned there's always that small percentage
that something will go wrong.  I like idiot proof.  Both scenarios rely on
trusting the person creating the account to do it by the book.  For
instance, if someone doesn't follow the rules and creates a user without
populating their home directory, or bypasses the interface for user
creation and does it manually, then we still have the same problem.  As
long as any sysadmin has root access that's always going to be possible in
any setup to some degree.  What's more is I've had fellow sysadmins do
things like that from time to time.  It would be nice to just keep it
robust so that's not even a possibility, even in the slimest chances.  I'd
hate to end up with that handful of users unknowingling using Mbox a year
from now before we discover it.

Anyway, I'll certainly do both, but my question still stands if anyone can
help.
:)

Thanks!

~Adam