[Dovecot] batch convert mbox to maildir

Todd Piket todd at mtu.edu
Thu Apr 6 00:13:29 EEST 2006

I did not use the the libc-client Perl bindings...sorry.  I used a
modified version of mb2md-3.20.  It was pretty simple really.  If you'd
like to look at/dowload the source please visit:

http://svn.dcs.it.mtu.edu/email.mtu.edu/convert_tools/tags/mb2md-release-4.0/
(I have my own release numbers for the whole system I wrapped around mb2md).

Not a lot of documentation and there is a lot that is specific to my
site, but it shouldn't be too hard to decipher and you can always ask me
questions, though I'm going to take a well earned next 2 days off.

If anyone is interested, the conversion we just performed has been in
place for ~5 days now.  Only a handful of the ~30,000 users we converted
noticed we even did anything (except performance) is better (this was in
large part due to the UIDL code I added to mb2md).  We are now huge
Dovecot fans!

Regards,

| Todd Piket                        | Email: todd at mtu.edu    |
| Programmer/Analyst                | Phone: (906) 487-1720  |
| Distributed Computing Services    |                        |
| Michigan Technological University |                        |