[Dovecot] Feature Request: Config Dump

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Thu Apr 6 17:17:55 EEST 2006

Charles Marcus wrote:

> So, what I'd like to see is something similar - a command that I can
> issue that will cause Dovecot to dump all of the configuration parameters
> it is currently using in a neat, orderly arrangement.

egrep '^[[:space:]]*[a-zA-Z{}]+' /etc/dovecot.conf

Or did you mean it should also show default values if nothing else is
specified in the config? Then it could be a command line switch of the
dovecot binary, just like --version or --build-options.

I don't use postfix, but AFAIR postconf does a little more, like printing
individual paramaters if requested, read postifx' spread config etc.

Anyway, I agree that it could be nice.