[Dovecot] Dovecot's as server based and mail filters and addressbooks holder?

Sysadmin sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Thu Apr 6 17:53:04 EEST 2006

Hello.

I'm just wondering, that maybe is the time to change the imap -s format
or add some more features, are in these day's most people, me also are
so called mobile users. And imap is good solution for us but however
still some basic things are missing, fore example:

1) Server side mail filters. I read mails from home, from office and
from webmail. Now when I need to make mail filter, for example to
collect all dovecot mails into one subfolder, I can do it in one
computer, and they works, if the computer is online, but if I need to
change them, reading email from the another computer, I can't do it.

2) Server side address book. Yes, I know, ldap is solution, but
installing and configuring the ldap server for some simple global
address book, is kind of overkill.

And these rules/address book can be from client to see as subfolder, so
every imap capable client can deal with them?

Is this real on not?

--
Sysadmin