[Dovecot] Dovecot's as server based and mail filters and addressbooks holder?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Thu Apr 6 18:02:47 EEST 2006

Sysadmin wrote:
> 1) Server side mail filters. I read mails from home, from office and
> from webmail.

Dovecot already has a LDA (local delivery agent) that supports SIEVE for
server-side filtering (works great, I'll have it installed on the new
server I'm building).  This has nothing to do with IMAP, though; that is
just a way to access e-mail.

> 2) Server side address book. Yes, I know, ldap is solution, but
> installing and configuring the ldap server for some simple global
> address book, is kind of overkill.

LDAP isn't that hard to set up and it is pretty much globally supported,
so trying to shoehorn this into IMAP is not a great idea.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group