[Dovecot] lib02_imap_quota_plugin.so: undefined symbol: quota

Apps Lists appslists at neonova.net
Thu Apr 6 21:27:38 EEST 2006

Hi Bill.

GETQUOTAROOT does return something ... but it still looks like something
is wrong.

I'm returning a quota of "10240S":

Apr  6 14:16:01 dev3 dovecot: auth(default): client out: OK     2
user=jtest      quota=10240S

.... and after doing some mailbox operations (moved messages in, stuffed
them into different folders, deleted) my maildirsize file looks like this:

(empty line)
594572 30
66150 6
398547 10

The empty line, according to what I've read... should be the user's
storage quota.  This is used by other maildir++ compliant software (like
an lda).  I've got a link at the bottom of this.

It doesn't appear as if Dovecot is enforcing quotas either.   I had well
over a megabyte of mail in my test account and was able to move more stuff
in without incident.

Is this broken, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Steve

http://www.inter7.com/courierimap/README.maildirquota.html

Contents of maildirsize

maildirsize contains two or more lines terminated by newline characters.

The first line contains a copy of the quota definition as used by the
system's mail server. Each application that uses the maildir must know
what it's quota is. Instead of configuring each application with the quota
logic, and making sure that every application's quota definition for the
same maildir is exactly the same, the quota specification used by the
system mail server is saved as the first line of the maildirsize file. All
other application that enforce the maildir quota simply read the first
line of maildirsize.

The quota definition is a list, separate by commas. Each member of the
list consists of an integer followed by a letter, specifying the nature of
the quota. Currently defined quota types are 'S' - total size of all
messages, and 'C' - the maximum count of messages in the maildir. For
example, 10000000S,1000C specifies a quota of 10,000,000 bytes or 1,000
messages, whichever comes first.

All remaining lines all contain two integers separated by a single space.
The first integer is interpreted as a byte count. The second integer is
interpreted as a file count. A Maildir++ writer can add up all byte counts
and file counts from maildirsize and enforce a quota based either on
number of messages or the total size of all the messages.