[Dovecot] plugin problems.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Apr 9 14:26:53 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 12:53 -0400, lenny at edpausa.com wrote:
> Apr  4 09:44:59 frodo dovecot: [ID 107833 mail.error] imap(lenny):
> dlopen(/usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap/lib02_imap_quota_plugin.so)
> failed: ld.so.1: imap: fatal: relocation error: file
> /usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap/lib02_imap_quota_plugin.so: symbol
> quota: referenced symbol not found
>
> default_mail_env = mbox:~/:INBOX=~/mbox
>

>  mail_plugins = imap_quota
>  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap

imap_quota depends on quota, so use:

mail_plugins = quota imap_quota

> trying to test convert plugin. ~/Maildir gets created with 3
> subdirectories, but no mail is converted and this error comes up.
>
> Apr  4 10:48:03 frodo dovecot: [ID 107833 mail.error] imap(lenny): Mailbox
>  conversion: Couldn't create mailbox directory Maildir/cur
>
>  default_mail_env = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=~/
>

>  mail_plugins = convert
>  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/local/dovecot/lib/dovecot/imap
>

>  convert_mail = mbox:%h/:INBOX=%h/mbox

This is because it gets into a loop. You're telling Dovecot that
everything inside home directory is a mbox, but you're also creating the
maildir into the same home directory. So Dovecot goes also inside
Maildir/ directory also thinking that there exists mboxes..

Also I think if you have all mailboxes in home directory and also INBOX
in "mbox" named file, you'll probably get the INBOX converted twice,
once as INBOX and the second time as "mbox".