[Dovecot] ssl-parameters.dat ownership problems on MacOS X

Lars Skovgaard lars at skovgaarddesign.dk
Sun Apr 9 21:58:47 EEST 2006

Hi all,

I've been having some issues with the ssl-parameters.dat file from
dovecot 1.0 beta 2 on MacOS X 10.4.6 client. As I understand it, the
user/group on the file should be root:wheel, and I have changed
ownership accordingly. However, on occation this gets set to
root:dovecot by some process I haven't yet identified, which causes
the ssl-parameters.dat file to be regenerated once every 10 minutes
instead of the default. Does anyone have an idea what is going on, or
how I can avoid this?

Best,
Lars