[Dovecot] dovecot won't compile for GnuTLS

Kristoffer Bylund kristoffer at melmac.se
Mon Apr 10 00:47:49 EEST 2006

Gunther Ohrner wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 9. April 2006 20:20, schrieb Kristoffer Bylund:
> > I've installed the gnutls-library and configure runs fine, but make
> > stops.
>
> As far as I know Dovecot does not work with GnuTLS at all, only really
> ancient versions once did.
>
> I may be wrong, though.

That might explain why it won't compile, however - gnutls is mentioned in
the config help and also in the readme;

"Dovecot supports both GNUTLS and OpenSSL. Dovecot prefers GNUTLS if it's
found, but fallbacks to OpenSSL. If you wish to force using OpenSSL, give
--with-ssl=openssl to configure."

Kind regards
Kristoffer