[Dovecot] dovecot-dspam-plugin not launching dspam

Stefan Schmidt stefan.schmidt at gmx.de
Tue Apr 11 16:12:15 EEST 2006

hello,

>> 1) calling dspam from the commandline with the same parameters as in the
>> (slightly modified) plugin works fine
>>
>> :/# su virtual
>> :/$ /usr/bin/dspam --user retrain --source=error --stdout --class=spam
>> --signature=4,4434846e237406491211187 --debug
>>
> That user looks odd. Is that intentional?

yes, if the "--user" option is missing dspam refuses to launch, but it
is only a dummy user. when dspam is called it switches to user belonging
to the signature.
> I would guess that some environment is different, but I don't know.
> dovecot is running as user 'virtual' in that setup?

no, dovecot is running as user dovecot. but to my understanding it
switches to the userid of the virtual user accounts before
reading/writing data to the maildirs.
> Personally, I'm still running an ancient version of dspam with the
> plugin. Maybe I'll run into the same problems once I managed to upgrade.

please inform me if you stumble across any solutions :-)

stefan