[Dovecot] strip domains

Michael Baird mike at tc3net.com
Wed Apr 12 15:57:20 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 01:21 +1000, Peter Fern wrote:
> Netlink Tech wrote:
> > Hello,
> > Running FC5 x86_64 with dovecot-1.0-0_8.beta3.rhfc5.at
> > Using system user/passwds for 99.99% of users...have sql user/pass
> > enabled to test virtual users from mysql.
> >
> > How do I strip off the domain when users provide user at domain.com so
> > that my userdb and passdb use just 'user'? (disregarding sql
> > auth...I'm not concerned with that right now).
> >
> > My dovecot.conf auth config:
> >
> >  passdb pam {
> >    args = dovecot
> >   }
> >
> >   passdb sql {
> >     args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
> >   }
> >
> >   userdb passwd {
> >   }
> >
> >   userdb sql {
> >     args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
> >   }
> >
> > Can I just pass userdb the 'user' using an args= statement? %d?
> > ....and then also to the passdb?
> >
> > Thanks, Curt
> This was answered on the list quite recently, you might want to search
> the archives.
Could you be more specific as to what thread it was resolved in? I have
seen threads over the past year asking how to do domain stripping with
dovecot, none of them seem to be a solution that works with the main
dovecot source tree, unless you are using SQL authentication and handle
it in the query.

Regards
Michael Baird