[Dovecot] Re: strip domains

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Wed Apr 12 19:24:47 EEST 2006

So if I understand this correctly, %u matches the whole username in
the sql database, but %n only matches the name before @?

One thing we discovered in migrating from courier-imap to Dovecot is
that courier-imap supported user at domain as a valid login name, where
by default using %u in the SQL query, Dovecot does not.  So it would
have been useful for us to avoid a number of tech support calls for
users who have user at domain configured in their mail clients.

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator