[Dovecot] unofficial Survey about your Dovecot server :) to compare with my own server setup...

Rory Campbell-Lange rory at campbell-lange.net
Thu Apr 13 17:07:34 EEST 2006

Server:          VA-Linux 2U rackmount
Board/CPU:       dual PIII 800Mhz
Disks:           Megaraid R5, 10000rpm disks
RAM:             1GB
Users:           150 Imap only
OS:              Debian testing
Auth:            postgresql
Mbx-size:        100MB-2GB (52GB live)
Dovecot:         1.0.beta2
Client-SW:       OSX Mail (95%), Squirrelmail, Outlook

We use exim to authenticate against the same database. Because we have
fairly draconian attachment size limits, the 52GB of mail we are serving
contains a _lot_ of mail.

Dovecot is working extremely well for us at this site, and several
other smaller sites all using a combination of OSX Mail and Outlook.

Regards,
Rory

--
Rory Campbell-Lange