[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Sysadmin sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Tue Apr 18 08:33:34 EEST 2006

Tere.
> I'm not quite running Dovecot yet. I'm migrating from my old system
> (don't ask) to Dovecot because nearly everyone I ask recommends it.
>
> I have presently set up my new server to use Postfix and virtual
> mailboxes. I want to add Dovecot to that and then do something
> reasonable on top of it, like SpamAssassin.
>
> So I have a tangential question -- am I doing the right thing? Should
> I rip out Postfix and go to Sendmail?
Use whatever You know well. I use in a lot servers (older distros)
Sendmail, RBL, Clamav milter-greylist and in some new servers (I didn't
install them) Postfix, RBL, Clamav, Postgrey, Kav, Spamassassin.

But I must say, that 90% of spam catch greylist based software.

And of course  dovecot, as it  small and fast.

--
Sysadmin