[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Sysadmin sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Tue Apr 18 16:16:45 EEST 2006

Tere.
> I highly recommend that anyone who wants a very lightweight, *very*
> effective, brain-dead simple (installation *and* maintenance)
> anti-spam gateway check out ASSP (http://assp.sourceforge.net/)... it
> was already one of the most effective options available, but there has
> been a *lot* of activity recently, and the improvements are amazing.
> Combined with ClamSMTP
> (http://memberwebs.com/nielsen/software/clamsmtp/) - also very
> light-weight, very easy to install, configure and maintain - it has
> reduced the load on my server drastically (through its early HELO
> checks, and the new PB (PenaltyBox) functionality, and is virtually
> maintenance free.
Well, I haven't tested it yet, but did check the code, it's written in
Perl, so surely it's not lightweight, and in Your case, maybe
configuring the smtp do the HELO check, would improve the situation even
without this software. And Assp is also old - June 26, 2005, can't
actually trust that old piece of code...

Btw, I just tested ClamSmtp, and it passed true viruses, but Amavis did
catch them.

--
Sysadmin