[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Apr 18 18:58:59 EEST 2006

Charles Marcus wrote:
> Correct - also, ClamSMTP != ClamAV, though it does use the same
> definitions.

ClamSMTP is an SMTP wrapper around ClamAV's clamd daemon; it doesn't
just reuse the ClamAV definitions.  You must have clamd set up properly
in the first place; the default clamd.conf settings should be
sufficient, but it is wise to test clamd independently of ClamSMTP
before making any grand pronouncements of accuracy or lack thereof.

FWIW, I am running a plugin with qpsmtpd, virus/clamdscan, that also
uses the clamd daemon (I also scan with Sophos for good measure, plus
the desktops all have either Sophos or McAfee running).

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group