[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Sysadmin sysadmin at e-positive.ee
Wed Apr 19 09:51:33 EEST 2006

Tere.

> Quick, your bias is showing... ;-)
:).

> There are many ways to use Perl so that it is lightweight (in terms of
> performance, since RAM is cheap).
Well, Ram is cheap but this isn't the main goal. Usually perl needs
latest version, all kind of modules etc, and C based software does not.
And I have no time to install all that stuff and most of all I have no
time to even add more Ram if needed just like that, as servers are
running 24/7 and only 4 minutes downtime per year is allowed:(.

> You apparently didn't read very closely; the main project hasn't had a
> recent *official* release, but one of the contributors has been
> continuing to develop (and his last released code in the 1.1.2 series
> was Mar 28, 2006 and in the 1.2.0 series was today).

You right, I found there link to the latest version, did You mean -
http://www.magicvillage.de/~Fritz_Borgstedt/assp/ which gives at this
moment:

  Internal Server Error

Service Unavailable

> Did you make sure to update the ClamAV definitions?  Did you make sure
> that you configured ClamAV correctly (e.g. to scan inside archives)?
> A quick test done without understanding the tools involved is
> equivalent to no test at all.

Sure. ClamSmtp did catch some, Amavis did catch all, with identical
settings and latest software/definitions, so I choose to use Amavis in
future, as I did use it also previously, ClamSmtp was just a test
purpose only.

--
Sysadmin