[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Tue Apr 18 19:48:19 EEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 06:55:06AM -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> I like this unofficial survey of hardware but wondering what MTA and
> spam filtering everyone is using. I do front end spam filtering for
> other servers as well. (junkemailfilter.com)

Well I'll put in another plug for my own piece of work..

    http://www.mvmf.org/

includes several tools among which are:

  - mvmda, mail delivery agent with a powerful scripting language,
    including a SIEVE submode (which can be used exclusively or
    in conjunction with non-sieve elements);

  - mvmtr, mail transport receiver that (at the moment, anyway) can
    stand in for qmail-smtpd.

Open source, should be easy to configure and install, is continually
being worked on or at least poked at (and has come a long way since I
last mentioned it here).  Both of the above can consult with clamd from
the MFL scripting language, using the "clamdif" program (cusp), also
included, and which can also be used as a command-line clamd-talking-to
tool.

Yours,
-mm-