[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Tue Apr 18 19:57:38 EEST 2006

I'm basically trying to use every trick out there. Here's a detailed
explation of everything I'm doing:

http://www.junkemailfilter.com/spam/how_it_works.html

Mostly I'm using Exim rules and Spamassassin. Exim allws me to do whost
all the front end tricks like sender verification and blacklist lookup
and I'm eliminating 90% of spam before I even get to spamassassin. Then
I use Exim again to do the fancy routing that many people use Sieve for.

I'm processing about 1.2 million email attempts per day and passing
50,000 good messages on. And most all of it with a single computer
that's a Dual Core Athlon 3800 with 4 gigs of ram.

But I'm always looking for new tricks.