[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

David A. Lee dlee at calldei.com
Tue Apr 18 20:51:01 EEST 2006

clamAV for virus
spamprobe for spam

I highly recommend both of them.   Spamprobe is just fantastic.  However
they both suffer from the fact that they require per-user integration
(typically via procmail).  Thats great for a 10 user box, its unworkable for
a 10,000 user box.  My box is a 10 user box so I love them.   I know there
are site-wide integrations for both of them but I've not tried them ... and
with spamprobe its largely against its design ... so I'm not confident of a
global spam bayesian database ... you know "my spam" != "your spam" ... I
could use a good home refinance and cheep drugs :)   Thats why I love
spamprobe, I own my spam definitions.  Mine all mine !!!!

I am looking at this "assp" ... I like the idea of a configurable smtp layer
filter, although I detest RBL's ... being configurable is nice (I can turn
OFF the RBL).   I dont like that its in perl due to my admited huge bias,
but if it really works well I could maybe overlook that ...   I try to be
language agnostic in theory ... but sometimes I have a hard time ... being
that I've written software in most languages, enough to grow a few biased
oppinions :)

-David
David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com