DSPAM Plugin Deployment (Was Re: [Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?)

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Wed Apr 19 09:13:56 EEST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 12:25 +0800, Timothy White wrote:

> I'm about to start building a system for ~10,000 users, using dovecot,
> and was going to use dspam with it... Is this plugin ready for that
> kind of use? I'll have a global sieve running, cause users won't be
> able to have their own sieves.

As Peter noted, I wouldn't use the plugin as-is.

What it should in that kind of setup do is extract the signature and
insert it into a database, making sure to take note of all the
additional complexities listed on the plugin homepage that come with
running dspam out of line.

If you can't make sense of that, I'll reply more in-depth later, don't
have much time right now.

johannes