[Dovecot] Unoffical Survey - What MTA/Spam filtering do you use?

Tomi Hakala tomi.hakala at clinet.fi
Wed Apr 19 10:12:52 EEST 2006

Sysadmin wrote:
> And I have no time to install all that stuff and most of all I have no
> time to even add more Ram if needed just like that, as servers are
> running 24/7 and only 4 minutes downtime per year is allowed:(.

This is going badly off topic, but spam & virus scanning on SMTP-level
is one of the easiest services to make load balanced and highly available,
so you can get 100% uptime per year (really!!) and still do necessary
maintenance on your servers.

> Sure. ClamSmtp did catch some, Amavis did catch all, with identical
> settings and latest software/definitions, so I choose to use Amavis in
> future, as I did use it also previously, ClamSmtp was just a test
> purpose only.

So perl is bad but still you chose perl written Amavis instead of C
written ClamSMTP ..