[Dovecot] setuid(5000) failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

Jon Baker jbaker at wgm.us
Sun Apr 23 07:42:11 EEST 2006

I have combed google for days searching for an answer to this but
cannot find anything anywhere, I'm hoping that posting to this list
will get me the solution.

I have FC4 running dovecot v1.0.beta7 to serve my POP3 (I had to
install v1.0.beta7 because it's on a x86_64 and I need mysql
support).  It runs great for about two hours, after which I start
getting the resource temporarily unavailable error.  I can't get the
error to go away by restarting dovecot, the only way I can figure out
to do it is to restart the box.  This is terribly annoying... please
help!  Thanks!