[Dovecot] Solved problem with index corruption (new mail not seen)

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at cs.huji.ac.il
Mon Apr 24 13:50:45 EEST 2006

Having had many problems in the past with IDLE not working, new
messages not being seen from Thunderbird, and sometimes garbage seen
as part of mailboxes, I eventually added some workaround/sanity check
patch to the imap_sync_deinit code to reread the offsets from the
index and that solved the problem.

Now with beta7 (I've previously used beta2), this seems not to be
necessary anymore.  I installed vanilla beta7 and couldn't reproduce
the problem in any way!

I'm not sure what has changed there, and haven't yet checked if I see
anything relevant, so this is just to let you know, and ask - any idea
which change could have caused this.

Happily I will soon be going on with working around other issues I
have here, and start bugging you in the list again.

  Cheers,
  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - hacker (being the best description fitting this space)
  Web page:	http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~alsbergt/