[Dovecot] mysql authentication problems

Jon Baker jbaker at wgm.us
Thu Apr 27 00:03:34 EEST 2006

That means that mysqld is not running or dovecot is looking in the
wrong place for it.  Can you get to mysql from the command line?  If
so, you'll need to figure out where mysql.sock is located (look in /
etc/my.cnf) and then point dovecot to it.  If you can't run mysql
from the command line then the daemon is not running and you will
need to start it.

- Jon