[Dovecot] mysql authentication problems

Dumitru Negara dumitru at itcnetworks.ro
Thu Apr 27 11:17:15 EEST 2006

Hi,

If you are on Debian Sarge with dovecot 0.99.14, example in
configuration file dovecot-mysql.conf indeed points to /var/tmp/mysql.sock
db_unix_socket = /var/tmp/mysql.sock

But on Debian MySQL socket is created as /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

I suppose you can change to:
db_unix_socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock or

use TCP connection to MySQL instead of socket:
db_host = localhost
db_port = 3306

I hope this helps.

Regards,