[Dovecot] dovecot tring to load sql modules

Christian Schmidt christian at siebenbergen.de
Sun Aug 13 15:44:43 EEST 2006

Hello Dean,

Dean Gibson (Mail Administrator), 13.08.2006 (d.m.y):

> Dovecot is issuing:
>
> Aug 12 17:09:27 athlon1 dovecot: Dovecot v1.0.rc6 starting up
> Aug 12 17:09:27 athlon1 dovecot: Generating Diffie-Hellman parameters
> for the first time. This may take a while..
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: Auth process died too early - shutting down
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: auth(default): dovecot-auth: error
> while loading shared libraries: libmysqlclient.so.10: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> Aug 12 17:09:28 athlon1 dovecot: child 28705 (auth) returned error 127
>
> That's because I installed the RPM from atrpms.net using "--nodeps".

Hm.

> The RPM requires the above SQL library module, among others (inc.
> postgresql and sqlite).  However:

So why don't you install these dependencies?

> 1. Why do I need ANY SQL library???  I want PAM to do the authorization.

Because your dovecot has been built with mysql support and so has been
linked against the corresponding libraries.

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Der Versuch, den Himmel auf Erden zu produziern, produzierte stets die
Hölle.