[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 1.0rc5 + MySQL 5.0.24

Vince Valenti vince-dovecot at valenti.us
Thu Aug 24 02:04:55 EEST 2006

Daniel,

The "MySQL server has gone away" error message usually means the
connection to the server was lost.  This can happen if your MySQL server
gets restarted or the TCP connection is dropped or closed.

That being said, I've tried to replicate this problem with Dovecot 1.0rc7
and MySQL 5.0.24 and was unable to.  Dovecot gracefully reconnects to the
database server and authentication works fine.

Is your MySQL server on the same box?  Is there something that could be
causing the database connections to get reset or dropped?

-Vince