[Dovecot] Problems with dovecot 1.0rc5 + MySQL 5.0.24

Chris Cappuccio chris at nmedia.net
Thu Aug 24 02:59:33 EEST 2006

You need to look at your mysql error log.  The defaults on OpenBSD 3.9
are rather low and you may be running out of file descriptors for the
mysql process or some other wierdness.  I use mysql 5.0 with openbsd 4.0
(snapshot) and it works great, but I increase openfiles-cur in the daemon
class (see /etc/login.conf) to 8192 and kern.maxfiles to 16384 (see
/etc/sysctl.conf)

--
Theatre is life
Film is art