[Dovecot] Sizing login_process_size and login_processes_count?

Francisco Reyes lists at stringsutils.com
Tue Dec 12 23:20:41 UTC 2006

Any suggestions on sizing login_process_size and login_processes_count for a
server expected to be doing 100 to 200 simultaneous connections?

Is there a way to separate login_processes_count between imap and pop? I
would like to have at least 50 imap processes ready, but we rarely have any
more than 5 to 10 pop connections. Would be a shame to have 40+ pop
login processes doing nothing most of the time.

For now did login_process_size = 96, but with an average of 100 to 200 and
some rare ocassion of 300+ connections I am wondering what is a reasonable
number for login_process_size.