[Dovecot] 1.0 Release?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Sat Dec 16 02:48:00 UTC 2006

Quoting Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com>:

> I don't think anyone expects or trusts a 1.0 release to be perfect.
> Usually it take 1.02 to inspire confidence. :)

No one expects any release to be perfect.  There are always unknown bugs
and problems, and beta/rc testers are usually too few in number to catch
them all.

But many folks do expect the 1.0 release to be free of _known_ bugs, or if
not, than with documented bugs which only affect a small number of
installs and can either be avoided or worked around by most people.

Now, of course, Timo can release 1.0 whenever he wants, but I fully support
his waiting until all his known issues, or at least known issues which
effect a large number of installs, are fixed.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!