[Dovecot] Can't send mail through new server

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 00:51:40 EET 2006

I thought I had just about got the old server to the point of being
switched off.  I have been reading from the dovecot server for a couple
of days, and this evening I switched the 'sending' to the new server as
well - but I couldn't get anything out.  I got:

Error while uploading message

Could not upload the message dated Wed Feb 1 21:2:56 2006 from Anne
Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> with subject "xxx" on the server.

The destination folder was sent-mail, which has the URL .

The error message from the server communication is here:

APPEND failed:  Can't open append mailbox : Read-only file system

I also got messages like:

Error while retrieving messages from the server.

Unable to open folder sent-mail.  The server replied:  SELECT failed:
Mailbox open failed, aborted:  Read-only file system.
I like to save the sent-mail and trash on the server.  ~/Maildir has all
the folders including sent-mail and trash.  I have the same UID on both
boxes.  What has gone wrong?

Anne