[Dovecot] Can't send mail through new server

Udo Rader udo.rader at bestsolution.at
Thu Feb 2 00:57:05 EET 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 22:51 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I thought I had just about got the old server to the point of being
> switched off.  I have been reading from the dovecot server for a couple
> of days, and this evening I switched the 'sending' to the new server as
> well - but I couldn't get anything out.  I got:
>
> Error while uploading message
>
> Could not upload the message dated Wed Feb 1 21:2:56 2006 from Anne
> Wilson <cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk> with subject "xxx" on the server.
>
> The destination folder was sent-mail, which has the URL .
>
> The error message from the server communication is here:
>
> APPEND failed:  Can't open append mailbox : Read-only file system

at first glance I would say that you have a read-only file
system ... :-)

you are migrating from one server to the other ... can it then be that
you have somehow mounted your old stuff only readonly?

what does a plain

% mount

give for your new box?

regards

Udo Rader

udo rader              technischer leiter/CTO   mobile  ++43 660 5263642
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      fax      ++43 512 935833
http://www.bestsolution.at                      phone    ++43 512 935834