[Dovecot] nologin

Robert A. Thompson ucs_rat at shsu.edu
Tue Feb 14 06:04:18 EET 2006

I need to be able to setup a nologin system for users on my mail server
on a per user basis.  We are going to do some maintenance on each user
(individually) and would like it if they could not login to dovecot
while we do this.   I was curious if dovecot implemented anything like
this.  We are currently using standard pam authentication (nothing db
related) and I was hoping to be able to touch a "nologin" file on a per
user basis in their home directory.   I think I could do this with some
pam magic, but was curious if dovecot had something in it that would
allow for this.

Note: I understand I will have to forcibly kill active connections.

--Robert