[Dovecot] nologin

Steffen Kaiser skdovecot at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Feb 14 12:46:24 EET 2006

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Robert A. Thompson wrote:

> I need to be able to setup a nologin system for users on my mail server
> on a per user basis.  We are going to do some maintenance on each user

See this snippet from dovecote.conf:

   # Users can be temporarily disabled by adding a passdb with deny=yes.
   # If the user is found from that database, authentication will fail.
   # The deny passdb should always be specified before others, so it gets
   # checked first. Here's an example:
   #passdb passwd-file {
     # File contains a list of usernames, one per line
     #args = /etc/dovecot.deny
     #deny = yes
   #}

Bye,