[Dovecot] Upgrade alpha5 to beta3

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Feb 14 16:56:11 EET 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 15:44 +0100, Jan-Piet Mens wrote:
> On Tue Feb 14 2006 at 15:41:41 CET, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
> > > I'd have though that setting it to 'yes' would print whatever
> > > debugging to syslog(). The only thing I got though was a
> > > "Sending log messages too fast, throttling.."
> >
> > Debugging messages are written using "info" logging level. Perhaps
> > they're written to different log file? Or have you changed
> > info_log_path?
>
> No. It isn't set at all.
> What is the trottling stuff?

It means that lines are being written to log files too fast, and Dovecot
started delaying so that the logs won't get filled. That by itself means
that Dovecot is writing the debug lines somewhere. Maybe your syslog
configuration just puts them to /dev/null or something. You could try
grepping for dovecot in /var/log/*..

> > Anyway, mail_debug doesn't really help in figuring out what's wrong in
> > this case. It really should always print the error message to log if it
> > didn't succeed. I'm also not aware of any bugs in non-hardlink-copying..
>
> Is there any disadvantage at leaving with with hardlink-copying ?

Currently it doesn't update index files immediately when it's enabled,
but the saved disk I/O in hardlinking probably outweights it, so it's
probably a good idea to do in any case. :)

Perhaps after it updates index files also (in a couple of weeks BTW) I
should even make it enabled by default..