[Dovecot] One dovecot, multiple domains

Ben bench at silentmedia.com
Wed Feb 15 21:13:31 EET 2006

My (also limited, but growing) understanding of a server cert is that you can
bind it either to an IP address or to a FQDN. I could just bind it to the IP
address, and as long as I only used a single IP address for my imap server
(likely) then I'd be okay....... EXCEPT that I'm cheap, and plan to self-sign
the CA for all my domains.

That's not so much a problem for my users, so long as they see that the cert for
mail.foo.com was signed by the foo.com CA. But because I'll have one CA for each
domain, I'll again need multiple certs. Which implies that dovecot needs some
way to choose which one to use, for each login.