[Dovecot] Support of M-IMAP?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 16 23:41:16 EET 2006

On 16.2.2006 21:29, "Peter Hessler" <phessler at theapt.org> wrote:

> I was looking at some new mobile phones, and apparently there is a form
> of IMAP that is optimized for mobiles called M-IMAP.  Its not a rush
> (since I'm not even sure the phones will be out before Q2), but it'd
> be a cool thing to have.  The spec is in the following PDF.
>
> http://www.3gpp2.org/Public_html/specs/X.S0016-311_v1.0_022404.pdf

Well, I don't really like that standard. It seems to be designed to make one
simple mail client use a bit less network bandwidth. It doesn't even support
more than one mailbox.

Doesn't look like they're related to Lemonade ietf group at all which has
similar design goals.

If it was implemented, it would require patching imap-login to support the
M-IMAP protocol internally because it starts as a regular IMAP4 connection
but the first command from client tells if it wants to use M-IMAP instead.
Post-login process could be implemented separately though.