[Dovecot] Thunderbird 1.5 and dovecot 1.0 beta 3 problem

Peter Georgeu bantry at telus.net
Wed Feb 22 07:26:51 EET 2006

On 20/02/2006 11:32 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Feb 20, 2006, at 9:23 PM, Peter Georgeu wrote:
>

> I don't think logging itself helps. If it's Dovecot's fault, it's more
> likely that it just enters some state where it stops proxying. For
> example internally if either server's or client's output buffer gets
> full, it stops reading more input from the other side. Once the output
> buffer gets emptier it again starts processing more input. It's possible
> that there's a bug somewhere in there..
>
> Hmm. Now that I looked at the code, it is kind of ugly and difficult to
> follow. I think I'll rewrite parts of it tomorrow.

My email hosting provider advised that he had installed "last night's"
code - that night being the evening of February 20th - which had two
cleanups related to the proxy code:

     * src/login-common/login-proxy.c: and fix for last cleanup..

     * src/login-common/login-proxy.c: Minor cleanups

Have tested it for much of this morning, afternoon and evening and 14
times out of 15 it will copy to the sent folder fine and then after
sending the message it will seemingly hang on sending (but it actually
does send the message). I then hit cancel and then I am advised by a
prompt that it could not copy to the Sent folder. I hit retry and it
fails again. I hit retry again and seemingly a failure again to copy and
then I hit retry and it works. I end up having two copies of the email
in the Sent folder but only one actual message is sent (this is with
emails between a couple of my accounts at the same mail hosting company).

Reverting back to the standard (non-beta) proxy of my mailhosting
company everything works fine with no issues of  this type at all.

Peter