[Dovecot] fcntl and F_NOTIFY

Michael Blinn mblinn at peopleplaces.org
Wed Feb 22 21:25:51 EET 2006

I've set up dovecot on a testbed server. Each time a user ('myusername')
connects via imap, I get the following info in mail.log:

dovecot: imap(myusername): fcntl(F_NOTIFY) failed: Invalid argument

I'm using these config settings in dovecot.conf in an attempt to avoid fcntl

lock_method = dotlock
mbox_read_locks = dotlock
mbox_write_locks = dotlock

I've looked through the archives but haven't seen this particular
message, so I am a bit lost. I've tried fiddling with the NOTIFY defines
in config.h but these don't seem to make a difference, if they compile
at all. I'm on lib6 on this Debian Woody (kernel 2.2.25) box. I don't
know how realistic it would be to get up to a latest glibc, if this is
where the problem exists.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide some insight?

Cheers,
  -Michael Blinn

--

If this is my day of harvest, in what fields have I sowed the seed, and
in what unremembered seasons?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message, and any attachments that may
accompany it, contain information that is intended for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this message is not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or other use of this
communication or any of the information, which it contains is
unauthorized and prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the original sender by return mail and delete this
message, along with any attachments, from your computer. Thank you.