[Dovecot] dspam plugin updated

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Fri Feb 24 12:13:20 EET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 17:23 +0100, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

> my base idea was one lmtp connection per imap process to the dspam
> daemon. or via unix domain socket.

I investigated this a bit and recommend to not do it. The dspam daemon
seems to be pretty fragile at the moment, I had it eat my mail because
the backend transport wasn't working and it didn't report an error to
the front delivery via LMTP, etc.

That said, the protocol is really simple, all you need to do is
authenticate in some weird way (using the MAIL FROM command) and then
give it a special RCPT TO extension that contains the dspam commandline
to execute.

johannes