[Dovecot] ssl_parameters_file

Sergey Redin sergey at redin.info
Sat Feb 25 13:41:22 EET 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 13:25:06 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> OK, I had also thought about this problem before. But it's not that
> simple actually.. If you put it somewhere else than login_dir, login
> processes won't see the file unless you have login_chroot=no, which
> is a bad idea.
>
> Maybe it should be written in two places, and when starting up it
> could be copied to login_dir from the more permanent directory. I'm
> just not sure what would be a correct location for the more permanent
> directory. etc maybe, but that also seems a bit bad place.

I guess you may just make some new parameter
ssl_parameters_master_file, which is empty string by default, and copy
it into ssl_parameters_master_file to ssl_parameters_file ONLY if
ssl_parameters_master_file setting is not empty. Then the people who
need it may use this setting with any directory they want, and you do
not have to make any decision about directory :)

If ssl_parameters_master_file is set but the file is not present,
dovecot will call ssl-build-param to create it and then copy it into
the login directory. If it is not set, dovecot will generate the file
in login directory.

Do you like this suggestion? This would be the best for us.

--
Sergey Redin