[Dovecot] invalid mbox files

Reuben Farrelly reuben-dovecot at reub.net
Sun Jan 8 03:55:11 EET 2006

Hi,

On 8/01/2006 2:47 p.m., Harout S. Hedeshian wrote:
> Thanks for all of the help!
>
> FYI: I am running Mandriva Linux 2005 LE
> When I run ./autogen, I get these errors:
>
> [root at www dovecot]# ./autogen.sh
> aclocal:configure.in:15: warning: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library

Install gettext-devel or similar package to quieten this one down.

> ./autogen.sh: line 2: libtoolize: command not found

Install the libtool to fix this.  This one looks more important than the others
problems.

> configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
> configure.in: installing `./missing'
> src/auth/Makefile.am:1: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> src/auth/Makefile.am:1:
> src/auth/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add `AC_PROG_RANLIB'
> src/auth/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' again.
> src/auth/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'

What version of automake and autoconf have you got?
(automake --version and autoconf --version)

> src/lib-auth/Makefile.am:1: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> src/lib-auth/Makefile.am:1:

I suspect if you install those two packages you may find it a bit better :)

reuben