[Dovecot] invalid mbox files

Harout S. Hedeshian harout at hedeshian.net
Sun Jan 8 04:03:26 EET 2006

Reuben Farrelly wrote ..
> Hi,
>
> On 8/01/2006 2:47 p.m., Harout S. Hedeshian wrote:
> > Thanks for all of the help!
> >
> > FYI: I am running Mandriva Linux 2005 LE
> > When I run ./autogen, I get these errors:
> >
> > [root at www dovecot]# ./autogen.sh
> > aclocal:configure.in:15: warning: macro `AM_ICONV' not found in library
>
> Install gettext-devel or similar package to quieten this one down.
>
> > ./autogen.sh: line 2: libtoolize: command not found
>
> Install the libtool to fix this.  This one looks more important than the
> others
> problems.
>
> > configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
> > configure.in: installing `./missing'
> > src/auth/Makefile.am:1: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> > src/auth/Makefile.am:1:
> > src/auth/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `RANLIB' is to add `AC_PROG_RANLIB'
> > src/auth/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.in' and run `autoconf' again.
> > src/auth/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
>
> What version of automake and autoconf have you got?
> (automake --version and autoconf --version)

[root at www dovecot]# automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.9.4
Written by Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat.com>.

[root at www dovecot]# autoconf --version
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

> > src/lib-auth/Makefile.am:1: library used but `RANLIB' is undefined
> > src/lib-auth/Makefile.am:1:
>
> I suspect if you install those two packages you may find it a bit better
> :)

Thanks, and YES!! Now it works.

WOOT!! make && make install finished with no errors! Now to see if it will read the mbox files.

> reuben
Harout Hedeshian