[Dovecot] Re: Dovecot memory use and settings

Roger Weeks rjw at mcn.org
Sat Jan 14 01:53:03 EET 2006

Okay, it appears to me that increasing auth_process_size above 256
just doesn't make any difference to this problem.  It seems that
someone else has reported this same issue with 1.0alpha5:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.dovecot/9423

Does anyone else think this might be a mysql issue?  Or is this
specifically a dovecot problem?

Even on really busy servers, I never see more than three auth-worker
processes on either of our servers.  The dovecot.conf has this:
auth_worker_max_count = 150

But I don't see anywhere I can tell it a minimum number of auth
worker processes to start when dovecot starts.  Is there an
auth_worker_min_count or something similar?

--
Roger J. Weeks
Systems & Network Administrator