[Dovecot] beta1: how to use quota plugin???

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Thu Jan 19 22:47:56 EET 2006

Hi,
    After searching gmane.mail.imap.dovecot on the topic, and
wiki.dovecot.org, I'm still clueless on how to use RFC 2087
quotas in dovecot with the quota plugin.  How come no wiki
doc?

My setup: Solaris 9, mbox format.  Both the filesystem for
INBOXes (/var/mail) and the user's home directories have
filesystem-based quotas imposed.  For example:

% quota -v joeblow
Disk quotas for joeblow (uid 20737):
Filesystem     usage  quota  limit
/export/home     955 298000 302400  (where indices and mail folders go)
/var/mail        530 151200 204800  (where joeblow's INBOX lives)

If joeblow connects via dovecot IMAP, I want our webmail code
(horde/imp) to tell him his disk quotas to keep him out of
trouble.  Horde/Imp (2.2.5) has quota code that says it works with
Courier imap.  Dovecot is supposed to be Courier compatible.
How do I get the quota info out of Dovecot and down to Horde/IMP?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College