[Dovecot] beta1: how to use quota plugin???

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Jan 19 23:01:40 EET 2006

On 19.1.2006 22:47, "Jeff A. Earickson" <jaearick at colby.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>     After searching gmane.mail.imap.dovecot on the topic, and
> wiki.dovecot.org, I'm still clueless on how to use RFC 2087
> quotas in dovecot with the quota plugin.  How come no wiki
> doc?

I haven't yet managed to make it work myself either. Although I got as far
as my system telling me that it doesn't support quotactl() syscall.

The point is anyway that userdb should be providing a "quota" named variable
to Dovecot. So it doesn't even work with all userdbs yet. I'll probably have
to add some other place to set it up also (similar to default_mail_env).
Anyway, its format should be:

quota=fs:/home/user/mail

Or if all of the users are in same quota root, I suppose fs:/home works just
as well.

> If joeblow connects via dovecot IMAP, I want our webmail code
> (horde/imp) to tell him his disk quotas to keep him out of
> trouble.  Horde/Imp (2.2.5) has quota code that says it works with
> Courier imap.  Dovecot is supposed to be Courier compatible.

Well, Dovecot is mostly Courier compatible in its Maildir handling. I'd
think the quota plugin is RFC2087 compatible and having nothing
Courier-specific.